January has been equally epic and equally stressful! I had to wait until 8pm!! On tax deadline day to find out the amount – however it was so much lower than I had anticipated (mainly due to the fact I had over paid in July) I can give back my sister the entire amount I borrowed in a panic and we have enough for next months bills! Relief!!!
So good things in Jan…
– Tax paid (yay!)
– Managed to rummage up 5 small jobs in Jan (all paid) and all are edited.
– Booked 3 big jobs and 2 small jobs
– Have a meeting to possibly contribute to a big blog for food stories (although this would be unpaid the exposure would be really good)
– I had a positive response from a small magazine for work, but when I followed up he had left and the new person wasn’t interested. BUT I’m taking this as a good thing that someone was interested 😉
– Entered images for an international competition. Chances are so small but the point was doing it and going through the process of picking and prepping images etc
– We’ve had some really good food days and got quite a lot of content, in fact we’ve had a really positive response this month which has really boosted both of us.
BAKING / NEW RECIPES
This month has been very adventurous!
– Pork, Slaw, Bacon & Cheese Straws (were enormous more like Bacon & Cheese Broomsticks), a Bacon, Asparagus & Baked Egg dish (which M said looked like sick, so won’t be doing that again) and Linzer Biscuits.
– Possibly made around 100 salmon balls this month as well as the rest…
– 5 times this month, although missed a week
1 Fun thing with M
– Tick! Well due to lack of funds, we’ve had to make do with dinner at home and movies but we’ve managed to watch 2 good films this month Elysium & Before Midnight (although a little more difficult to watch than the previous two)
2 Social things
– An afternoon with Moose! Right at the beginning of the year and such a lovely day it was.
– Lunch with my friend P
– S came over for a visit
– I went to an industry event. It meant being outside my comfort zone, networking and wearing a dress but I’m so glad I went.
Things to work on…
– No saving at all this month
– the whole money situ, made me incredibly stressed and difficult to live with, I failed in being nice to M at all times.
– I need more (paid) work please universe, I actually have nothing booked in now til April (!) I am trying to remain positive that things will come!
All in all Jan has been good and positive. On to February!