I’m back in London now, got back Tuesday night in fact (inevitably, after five days of hot sun, it was cold and wet here!) but was rushing round like a mad thing yesterday morning. We had a great time, many lovely meals out and the highlight was the special dinner on Saturday night on the terrace of Domaine de la Pousse d’Or in Volnay, being served lots of different wines by the villagers and witnessing various performances, songs and speeches. Also, on Monday, we were taken out into the vineyards by one of the vignerons and shown his vines, and had a little wine tasting in situ. It was great to drink his wines in the actual vineyard where the grapes were growing!
Back to reality now and the to-do list is calling. It’s very hard to get engaged with the stuff I need to do at work but must knuckle down and get on with it…
- intentional resting
- make adjustments to accounts and update other bits – this will take most of the day, I think
- consider what to do about training on DS
- if I have the energy, look at yet another email from the lawyers on the loan, which I thought we had sorted out now but apparently not!
- read stuff from D
- sort out finances, rather messy given there were four of us all paying for different things
- thinky time – it’s almost Q3 after all… I would like to get some good routines going!
- continue reading “A Climate of Fear” by Fred Vargas, as usual, enjoying it a lot