December at last. I had a good day yesterday right up to the evening when G had to cancel dinner due to feeling unwell. He turned up later on thank god (I’d been sitting there imagining the worst) but these ongoing issues are unsettling.
Today should be nice and quiet at work – no boss and no Z – so head down and crack on with the massive backlog.
- clear up carnage
- review piece for C
- letter for Mrs C
- count vouchers/petty cash with other C
- hassle Peter for minutes, then send to V
- can I get on with other minutes now?
- deal with admin, particularly new phone (have gone back to a dumbphone but it’s a very cool one)
- continue reading Natasha Cooper novel – have seen her in action at the summer crime conference and liked her a lot but this novel isn’t doing it for me, still, I’ll finish it and think about why I’m finding it so annoying and maybe that will help me avoid the same mistakes myself. It could just be because I’m jealous that the protagonist, a civil servant, lives in a massive house in Belgravia with a housekeeper!