Here’s a simple way to set up a goal-page of your own for free:
1) get your blog! If you already had to do this to sign up for WordPress when you joined FTFers, so far so good! Otherwise go to “My blogs” in the top navigation bar and then “register new blog”.
2) create categories for each goal – easiest done as you’re posting (menu to the right of the post box (haha not an actual Post-box but you know what I mean!) ) by clicking +add new category at the bottom. Otherwise, go to the Posts menu on the left and Categories and you can add them manually even if you haven’t used them.
3) Create basic goal page – go to Pages –> add new and call your page whatever you like.
4) Set up links in the body of your goal page
- Links are really easy to do in wordpress by highlighting the text you want to link, then clicking the chain icon at the top of the editing box, and then pasting the link.
- To get the page link for each category, just click on the category link under any of your existing posts.
- Paste this link to titles/bullet points in your Goal Page template (or arrange them however you like!)
5) Subgoals can be made by indenting the bullet further. To get to indenting, click the “show/hide kitchen sink” button (last button on the first row of editing buttons with lots of coloured blobs on) and this opens up lots of options to change text colour, heading styles etc.)
I got a bit carried away in my previous post – mine was only difficult to set up because I already had a blog that I wanted to keep separate. You can totally use the free wordpress blogs to set up a page for goals as above, or just use the category list to navigate between them if you’re not bothered about having a separate page.
I don’t think I’ve explained this very well so just ask me!
And here’s an actual Post-box 😛
Oh and one other random thing! If you want to get e-mails in your inbox everytime someone posts to FTFers, go to this page : – enter the FTFers page and then select mailing options (every post, daily summary, weekly summary).