Am feeling a little ill since yesterday afternoon & am thinking it might be best to just enjoy a restful day. The snow on the ground and the below-freezing temps make this seem all the more appealing!
Becca was funny this morning, bolting after little groups of birds and scattering them to the wind. She thinks she’s a bird dog!
morning dog time
see how the day plays out…
Woke up this morning to a beautifully clean house (excellent side effect of having guests over) a still-full belly (excellent side-effect of cooking for guests) and A HANGOVER! Haven’t had one of those in so long that I actually quite enjoyed lolling around in bed drinking water and waiting for it to pass, which it hasn’t, particularly, but am bored and getting up now anyway.
- work out a bit + shower
- website bits
- PDF bits
===aiming to feel vaguely human by this point===
Rest of the day:
- maybe workout a bit more later and/or go for an evening walk
Ack, just checked my Grats from last night and my joke wasn’t showing properly, it’s updated now, if anyone cares. I found it very funny!
Anyway, busy day today as it’s Day 1 of “Moving Is Stressful!”:
- Have a surf/doze/final relax in this bed for another hour or so
- Get up, breakfast, pack final bits and bobs inc. food
- Waitrose: drain cleaner, washing up liquid, scourers, Thank You card and present for J. Flowers?
- Summon Mum
- Take bed and shelves apart. Find mattress doesn’t fit in either of our cars, watch Mum cut it up with pliers
- Probably be persuaded I don’t need the bed frame either
- Pump car tyres
- Pack my car
- Clean room, Hoover
- Clean kitchen cupboards, fridge, freezer (don’t forget freezer stuff!)
- Write note to J with bank details etc. Arrange nicely on table with gift and card
- Leave my lovely house where I’ve been very happy for the past 18 months. Cry?
- Roast dinner
- Sleepless night on Mum’s sofa
I doubt I’ll be online tomorrow until I’m settled in, apart from checking email on my iPhone so tomorrow’s FTF is
- Wake up feeling awful from not sleeping, shower, breakfast, papers
- Say goodbye. Try and force some emotion out of my sister 😉
- Drive to London
- Get stuck on North Circular
- Arrive at flat
- Part 2 of “Moving Is Stressful!” (by which I mean knackering, I can do weights at the gym no problem but real life hoiking around of stuff?!)
- Unpack, get to know A a bit better
- Have internet rage (pleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework)
- Relaxing evening? Internet?
- Sleep in new, very comfy looking bed. First night in London 🙂
Ahh, 3 more days of leisure. I love holidays.
early morning yoga workout
clean/declutter (a little more effort than yesterday, please)
- finish the book
- late afternoon HIIT workout
PS. Oh dear, I’m obviously getting up way too late, because a bird almost built a nest in my strawberries this morning! I moved the half-finished nest to a more appropriate place (the gutter at the end of the terrace), but I can still hear confused and angry chirping.
Had a lovely day yesterday with G – we had a leisurely morning and went for a walk up to Primrose Hill in the afternoon. Great atmosphere with people rolling down the hill etc. Then we looked at the photos of the wedding in the Evening Standard – some shocking outfits and some classy ones.
Today I am getting to decide what we do! It’s a hard life.
For some reason I had a flashback to Cate singing “This is my mow-ment, this is my prrrfect mow-ment” a la Martine McCutcheon just then 😉
- walk down to Borough Market, get nice food, walk back – that will be today’s exercise! 2 hours.
- attempt to recreate the Ultimate Brunch experience which we had at Norma’s in New York a few years ago – pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, bloody marys, coffee – have never made pancakes before (shocking!) but am sure Delia won’t let me down + read papers + listen to Adam and Joe
- walk over to cookware shop to find a heavier-based roasting tin for gravy-making purposes
- visit Majestic wine place as they have some good offers on at the moment
- Dirt exhibition at the Wellcome Collection
- watch DVD (3rd film of Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy supposed to come today)
- dinner: roast beef and a premier cru Chambolle-Musigny
Republicans and cynics look away now!!
- For cracking and watching The Royal Wedding. Honestly, it was lovely.
- That the dress was McQueen. I can’t even explain why, but this was the most important factor of the day for me!
- That my packing is virtually done and I think it’s going to fit in the car
- That I’ve got away without having a parking permit (accidentally!) for SEVEN months!
- For this great joke: “I used to do a bad impression of Eric Morecambe, but now I’ve seen the error of my waheys.”